Thursday 12 September 2013

Second thoughts on Doc Martin clip

With the second viewing of the clip I took more note on the shots used. Close ups were used multiple times. For example on the first close up I noticed Doc Martin seemed stressed due to the breakage of the tap, the close up seemed to emphasis his facial expression, which was stress. The second close up I realised was shock or sadness, again the close up to me emphasised his facial expression, or even made it more evident. The evidence of his facial expression helps determine the situation more which was that he was longing for someone in my opinion as he stared at a woman. The show also used an establishing shot when Doc Martin was walking past what seemed to be a church, this helped establish where he was. As I believe this is an episode where her arrives, I think the shot established the town where he had moved to, which gives viewers more of a feel of where he has moved to and what kind of place he has moved to. In my perspective he seems he has moved to a communal little village. The speech was also very establishing of the fact he had just moved as it seemed to be a lot of forward intorductions. I think the makers did this purposely to make it known that he had just moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment